The Faculty of Business and Economics is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of Management
Tenured academic staff (ZAP) in the area of Strategic Management
- You expand and conduct scientific research in the area of Strategic Management:
- you acquire and manage (external) research funds (national and international);
- you establish and execute research projects;
- you supervise PhD students;
- you publish articles in high ranked international academic journals.
- You teach various courses in the domain of strategic management in the academic programs of the Faculty of Business and Economics, the Antwerp Management School as well as in the programs of other faculties of the University of Antwerp.
- You supervise bachelor’s and master’s theses within the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- You offer scientific and extracurricular services within the relevant study programs, the department, the university and the broader cultural field, paying particular attention to scientific communication.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in Business Economics (/Applied Economics) or in a related domain.
- You have several years of postdoctoral (or equivalent) experience. Candidates who are already associate professor (senior lecturer) / professor are encouraged to apply for this position. Candidates with at least 2 years of postdoctoral experience applying for an assistant professor position (lecturer) are also invited to apply.
- You have proven experience as a researcher in the domain of Strategic Management and you can substantiate this by: (1) peer-reviewed publications in national and international scientific journals and books; (2) participation in scientific conferences (presentation and/or organization) and; (3) contribution to externally funded research projects (national, European, public and/or private).
- Your methodological competencies contribute to the research and educational aims of the department and the Faculty of Business and Economics.
- You have educational experience in the broad domain of Strategic Management at the bachelor’s and/or the master’s level. Educational experience in a management school (postexperience) is considered as an extra positive experience.
- Having experience in teaching to large groups of students and in supervising bachelor’s or master’s theses in is an asset.
- Your teaching focus fits with the university’s vision on education.
- Your research qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills or the potential to develop them.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- either a full-time position as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a full-time position as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be on 15 September 2020;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for a lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13 and for a senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date of 16 February 2020.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained through firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Rudy Martens, chairman of the Department of Management of the Faculty of Business and Economics (email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.