The Faculty of Pharmaceutical, Biomedical and Veterinary Sciences is seeking to fill the following part-time (55%) vacancy in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Tenured academic staff in the area of pharmaceutical care
- The assignment has a structural character in the three core activities of the tenured academic staff.
- You develop innovative and student-centred education in the field of pharmaceutical care.
- You will be assigned following lecturing duties: “Pharmacotherapy and pharmaceutical care I” (Ma FZ and GO, 7 ECTS), “Pharmacotherapy and pharmaceutical care II” (Ma FZ, 5 ECTS), “Critical thinking in relation to pharmaceutical practice” (Ma FZ, 3 ECTS), “Medical material” (Ma FZ, 3 ECTS), “Pharmacy internship with medication evaluation and internship examinations” (Ma FZ and GO, 30 ECTS), “Master's thesis: internship in pharmaceutical and inter-professional care” (Ma FZ, 24 ECTS, preparation and coordination).
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of innovative and rational pharmaceutical care. You demonstrate that you have insight into both fundamental and applied research in this domain.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You supervise students on doctoral trajectories in the field of pharmaceutical care.
- You will offer scientific services, including an active contribution to the education committee, establishing contacts with the pharmaceutical profession, with the professional associations and training institutes, and with the program coordinators of other care professions (doctors, nurses, etc.). You contribute to the permanent training of pharmacists within the framework of pharmaceutical care; you apply the findings of your research in practice and use up-to-date teaching techniques. You are prepared to take responsibility and be a tutor for the Master Pharmaceutical Care within the framework of IPSIG (Inter Professional Cooperation in Healthcare).
Profile and requirements
- You are a pharmacist and hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- You have several years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent. You have ample educational experience, given the size and nature of the teaching assignment.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- You are familiar with activating forms of education.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have extensive practical experience in the field of pharmaceutical care.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You have a thorough knowledge of Dutch and English.
- You are interested in and competencies in advanced information technology.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- either a part-time position with a structural assignment as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a part-time position with a structural assignment as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13 and for senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 - € 7.654,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 28 May 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Guido De Meyer (Tel. +32 3 265 27 37; firstname.lastname@example.org).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.