The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill the following full-time vacancy in the Department of Literature
Tenured academic staff in the area of Theatre Studies
- You will be assigned the following lecturing duties: Theatre History (6 credits), Text and Representation (6 credits) and Performance Analysis (6 credits) in the bachelor Theatre, Film and Literature Studies, and Dramaturgy (6 credits) in the Master Theatre and Film Studies.
- Your approach to both teaching and research is performance-oriented and grounded in a solid historiographical basis that understands contemporary performance practices in their historical contexts.
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of theatre and performance in their intermedial contexts, following the objectives of the Research Center for Visual Poetics.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will offer scientific services: among other things you take part in the public debate around performing arts criticism and the cultural heritage of theatre and performance. You are acquainted with the relevant cultural field.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctoral degree (PhD) in Theatre Studies or in a related area of research.
- You have several years of postdoctoral or equivalent experience.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds with the educational vision of the university.
- You have ideas for developing active policies to promote diversity and internationalization in the programme.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- Experience in acquiring and managing research projects is an asset.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- As a course unit coordinator, you are able to demonstrate that you master the language of instruction at the CEFR level C1 before the beginning of the module(s). As a course unit coordinator, you also master the language of administration, Dutch, or you are willing to gradually learn the language up to the CEFR level B2. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members by offering them an integration programme and provides adequate language tracks for course unit coordinators within the framework of the Flemish statutory language regulations.
- either a full-time position as a lecturer, in a temporary tenure track appointment for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if your performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a full-time position as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will also lead to a permanent appointment if your performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be 1 February 2020;
- a gross monthly salary ranging for lecturer from € 4.255,06 to € 6.272,13; and for senior lecturer from € 4.872,61 to € 7.564,80;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 27 October 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates resulting from the preselection by the panel will take place on 19 November 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from email@example.com.
- For questions about the profile and details about the job description, please contact Prof. Kurt Vanhoutte, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.