The Faculty of Sciences is seeking to fill the following part-time (50%) vacancy in the Department of Physics
Temporary academic staff in the area of Electron Microscopy
- You will be assigned the following lecturing duties: “Advanced Electron Microscopy” and “Projects on Microscopy and Spectroscopy” in the Master of Physics.
- You contribute to the experimental research program in Electron Microscopy in materials science within the Department of Physics. You develop research lines that are complementary to the current activities within the Department of Physics. This will open up opportunities to initiate collaborations within the Department of Physics, the Faculty of Science and the University of Antwerp, and also at the national and international level.
- Your research strengthens the activities of the EMAT research group in the field of phase contrast imaging in scanning transmission electron microscopy for beam-sensitive materials.
- Your research should match with the spearhead clusters of UAntwerpen.
- You will acquire and manage external funding (national and international).
- You will offer academic services such as taking part in promotion activities of the Physics education, representing the department in meetings and councils in and outside the university, guiding master students and trainees, …
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Physics.
- You have postdoctoral experience in Electron Microscopy and more specifically in the field of phase contrast imaging in scanning transmission electron microscopy and in electron phytography.
- You hold an ERC Starting Grant in the field of Electron Microscopy.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have proven leadership skills.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- You can meet the statutory language requirements for both the knowledge of the teaching language and the administrative language, Dutch. The University of Antwerp provides the necessary support.
- a part-time position as a lecturer (docent) for a period of 3 years, renewable after positive evaluation;
- the date of appointment will be 1 October 2019;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.255,03 - € 6.272,13;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 18 August 2019.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates pre-selected by a selection committee will take place in the summer of 2019.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Sara Bals, email@example.com or tel. 0032 3 265 32 84.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.