The Institute of Development Policy (IOB) of the University of Antwerp wants to contribute to a more just and sustainable world through multidisciplinary academic research, education, partnerships and political engagement. More information about the institute and its activities can be found at www.uantwerp.be/iob.
IOB is seeking to fill a full-time vacancy for a
Post-doctoral researcher in the area of “Development Processes, Actors and Policies”
- You expand the scientific research and outreach of the Institute in line with one or more of the research lines of the strategy of the IOB research group development processes, actors and policies.
- Your teaching duties will be limited to 10%.
- You contribute to the internationalization of IOB, strengthening the network of contacts of IOB with development actors at the international level and preferably in the Global South.
- You apply for and acquire external funding for a post-doctoral position at IOB by October 2021 at the latest.
- You are a team-player, performing tasks of a public goods nature at the level of the Institute and the University, and society at large.
- In function of the offer of candidates for this position, the selection committee may give preference to candidates with either a more qualitative or quantitative methodological profile, to particular disciplinary backgrounds or to regional expertise, in order to attain an adequate methodological, disciplinary and regional mix within the institute.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Development Studies or related social science disciplines.
- Your work is preferably interdisciplinary in nature and preferably engages with a mixture of methodological approaches.
- You have an international academic CV and perform qualitatively outstanding academic research, enabling you to qualify for seeking external finance as post-doctoral researcher.
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- Your publication track record demonstrates your potential to act as a catalyst for interdisciplinary and mixed-methods research, for instance, by means of (co-) authorship of articles or (co-)promotership of projects in the domain.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- a full-time position as post-doctoral researcher from 1 October 2020 to 30 September 2021;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.134,93 - € 6.446,00;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 15 March 2020.
- The applications must be completed with a proposal of the value added you can bring to IOB’s agenda of research and outreach activities (approx. 1.000 words). This document must be submitted in English.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The selection interview will take place on 20 April 2020.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact prof. dr. Marijke Verpoorten (email@example.com).
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.