The Faculty of Arts is seeking to fill the following part-time (70 %) vacancy in the Department of Literature:
Tenured academic staff in the area of Modern Hispanic Literature
The assignment has a structural character in the three core activities of the tenured academic staff: research, teaching and academic service provision.
- You will be assigned following lecturing duties: Introduction to Hispanic literatures (BA, 3 ECTS), Hispanic Literature III (BA, 3 ECTS), Hispanic Literature and Culture (Master, 6 ECTS), Special Topics on Hispanic Literatures (BA, 3 ECTS).
- You will expand the scientific research in the area of Modern and Contemporary Hispanic Literature beyond Spain. Your research will be complementary with the research group Antwerp Center for Digital humanities and literary Criticism (ACDC).
- You will acquire and manage external funding.
- You will offer scientific services: among others you collaborate in the organization of the cultural events of the Spanish group as well as in various recruitment activities.
Profile and requirements
- You hold a doctorate degree (PhD) in Hispanic Literature.
- You have several years of postdoctoral experience or equivalent.
- You have experience in publishing and working in an international context.
- The focus in your teaching corresponds to the educational vision of the university.
- Your academic qualities comply with the requirements stipulated in the university’s policy.
- You have leadership skills (or the potential to develop them).
- You are quality-oriented, conscientious, creative and cooperative.
- If you do not master Dutch, the administrative language of the university, you should be willing to obtain a CEFR B2 level of proficiency in Dutch. As soon as you take on teaching duties as a course unit coordinator, you should be able to demonstrate a CEFR C1 level of proficiency in the language of instruction. The University of Antwerp supports international staff members on an integration trajectory and offers tailor-made language coaching in compliance with Flanders’ statutory language regulations.
- You have experience in teaching literature to non-native speakers on an academic level.
- You have experience in the supervision of bachelor and master theses.
- Experience in applying methodologies from Digital Humanities to the analysis of Hispanic literature is an advantage.
- either a part-time position with a structural assignment as a lecturer, in a temporary appointment in the tenure track for a term of five years. This position will lead to an immediate permanent appointment as a senior lecturer if the performance is assessed favourably on the basis of previously fixed and publicly announced evaluation criteria;
- or a part-time position with a structural assignment as a senior lecturer or higher, generally entailing a permanent appointment. In the case of a first appointment to the corps of academic personnel (ZAP), the university board may proceed to a temporary appointment for a period not exceeding three years. This position will lead to a permanent appointment if the performance is assessed favourably;
- the date of appointment will be September 1st, 2020;
- a full time gross monthly salary ranging from € 4.255,06 - € 6.272,13;
- a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
How to apply?
- Applications may only be submitted online, until the closing date 29 March 2020. A cover letter is required and can be added as an attachment to the online application form.
- A pre-selection will be made from amongst the submitted applications. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection panel.
- The interviews of the candidates, preselected by a selection panel, will take place on May 6th, 2020.
- More information about the application form can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of duties, please contact Prof. Diana Arbaiza, Diana.Arbaiza@uantwerpen.be.
The University of Antwerp is a family friendly organization, with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity. Our HR-policy for researchers was awarded by the European Commission with the quality label HR Excellence in research.
We support the Science4Refugees initiative and encourage asylum-seeking, refugee scientists and researchers to apply for a job at the University of Antwerp.