The Laboratory of Medical Microbiology (LMM) within the Vaccines- and Infectious Disease Institute (VAXINFECTIO) of the Faculty of Health and Health Sciences of the University of Antwerp, is world top in the study of antimicrobial use, resistance development, and diagnostics for infectious diseases. For many years, LMM is involved in European projects with the common goal to prepare Europe against (re-)emerging epidemics and the development of a European clinical network, all coordinated by Prof. Herman Goossens, head of LMM. Projects that LMM are a part of include PREPARE, ECRAID, and VALUE-Dx. More information on the different EC-funded projects can be found on the websites here. In order to promote and exploit the results of the projects and associated European research and technology development efforts and to make research results available to the external stakeholders of the network, LMM is seeking a full-time
- You collaborate on the external communication of scientific European projects;
- You are responsible for creating dissemination material including websites, brochures, posters, and newsletters;
- You define a strategy to explore the use of different communication platforms: website, e-mails, social media, press releases,... to raise awareness on the projects and to distribute research results;
- You are involved in the organisation of external meetings around the communication of the projects;
- You look for new opportunities to put the European projects on the map in Belgium and Europe;
- You are the point of contact for different stakeholders involved in healthcare (scientific organisations, the industry, EU agencies, and journalists).
In your role, you take instructions and regulations into account with a view to achieving predefined objectives. You will be working closely with another Communications Manager on all the projects.
Profile and requirements
- Licentiate/Master in communication studies or equivalent by experience;
- You have excellent writing skills in English;
- You are proficient in MS Office;
- You have experience with the development of dissemination material;
- You have experience with various digital media and how to implement them for effective communication;
- You can handle deadlines and can work simultaneously on different projects;
- You are prepared to travel;
- You are strong in planning and organising;
- You have experience/training in science communication;
- You are communicative, customer-focused, creative, quality-oriented, cooperative and a person of integrity;
- You have strong skills in planning and organisation, and you can work independently;
- Good knowledge of Adobe is an advantage.
- An appointment (100%) for 1 year, with the possibility of extension after positive evaluation;
- A gross monthly salary in a scale based on your profile and experience. More information about our salary scales and other benefits can be found here on our website;
- Meal vouchers and ecocheques;
- 40 days of annual leave + 1 week when the university is closed (one week between Christmas and New Year);
- A bicycle allowance;
- A full reimbursement of public transport costs for commuting;
- Flexible working hours;
- Preferable date of appointment: as soon as possible.
How to apply
- Please send your application to email@example.com until the closing date November 30th 2019 and include a copy of your CV and a motivation letter in English.
- A pre-selection will be made from among the applications submitted. The remainder of the selection procedure is specific to the position and will be determined by the selection committee.
- More information about the application process can be obtained from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For questions about the profile and the description of the projects, please contact Daniele Pazzola (Daniele.Pazzola@uantwerpen.be) or Melanie Hoste (Melanie.Hoste@uantwerpen.be).
The University of Antwerp is a family-friendly organisation with a focus on equal opportunities and diversity.