Information literacy is about dealing with information.
It can be about:
- Asking the right question, and selecting the most appropriate sources
- Knowledge of available sources and the ways you search them
- The critical assessment of information
- An effective organization of information and ways to stay up-to-date
- The processing of information without plagiarism
The library provides training and maintains a 'course' about information literacy in Blackboard with news, tips, tutorials, videos ... on various aspects of an efficient use of information.
Teachers will find learning materials about dealing with information in the Blackboard organization 'UA library teachers'. These manuals, films, ... are free to be reused in courses or lessons within the University of Antwerp.