Side header image

Social status

The social status of ‘student’ is defined by various regulations and social services. The following regulations and social services are included: 

  • Scholarships from the Government of Flanders 
  • Family allowances
  • Student employment
  • Health insurance
  • Maintenance obligations
  • Subsistence allowance
  • Training vouchers
  • Time credit
  • Paid educational leave

In short, these rules and conditions determine what you may be entitled to as a student.