This course aims to inform and inspire you on how to integrate PBL-oriented ideas of teaching into the courses that you are coordinating. In our course, you play an active role as a learner, since you need to define yourself, what you need to learn about PBL in order to begin practicing it.
You will learn PBL along the way of doing it. As a result, you should see our course as a resource bank, where you can find inspiration and support for taking new steps in how you integrate PBL into your own courses.
The course exists of 7 modules each consisting of guidelines and learning activities which encourage you to actively reflect on your specific situation and context. Besides, there are inspirational videos and background literature available per module to support the learning process.
1. Introduction and motivation
2. Real-life complex urban problems as framework for learning
3. Planning for PBL module: self-reflection about module development phases
4. Identifying and engaging supportive interdisciplinary alliances
5. Team-based module design: Facilitation moments and techniques
6. Adressing navigation challenges in module design
7. Iterative design procedure: continuous PBL improvements
Want to participate?
Are you a course coordinator at one of the Citylab CAR institutions?
Are you interested in following this course?
Please contact us to request access to the course: email@example.com