IT-DED3 offers 12 Early Stage Researcher (ESR) positions across Europe.
IT-DED3 is looking for talented and motivated candidates with the skills, knowledge and enthusiasm to help the network make significant research breakthroughs. ESRs will enrol on PhD degree programmes and be employed for 36 months in a network composed of six academic research beneficiaries, one industrial beneficiary and 10 partner organisations.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application through the application form before March 2, 2018.
- ESRs will be employed by the host organisation for 36 months.
- ESRs are offered a competitive salary plus allowances. Moreover, funding is available for technical and personal skills training and participation in international research events.
- ESRs will benefit from the designed training programme offered by the hosting organisations and the IT-DED3 consortium.
- All researchers will participate in international secondments to other organisations in the IT-DED3 network and in outreach activities targeted at a wide audience.
- Applicants can be of any nationality.
- Applicants must hold a MSc or equivalent in the field of (bio)medical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences or an equivalent.
- Applicants must have an ability to understand and express themselves in both written and spoken English to a level that is sufficiently high for them to derive the full benefit from the network training.
- Applicants must be eligible to enrol on a PhD programme at the host institution (or at a designated university in case the host institution is a non-academic organisation).
- Applicants must have the necessary academic skills and background to make the success of a doctoral degree.
- Previous related research experience will be a distinct advantage.
- H2020 MSCA Mobility Rule: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date. Compulsory national service, short stays such as holidays, and time spent as part of a procedure for obtaining refugee status are not taken into account.
- H2020 MSCA eligibility criteria: Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) must, at the date of recruitment by the host organisation, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. Full-Time Equivalent Research Experience is measured from the date when the researcher obtained the degree entitling him/her to embark on a doctorate (either in the country in which the degree was obtained or in the country in which the researcher is recruited, even if a doctorate was never started or envisaged).
Selection process: a first selection process consists of a series of teleconference/skype interviews. A maximum of three candidates per position will be selected. After this first pre-selection, the final candidate selection will take place at a recruitment event in Antwerp on May, 24-25th 2018. All preselected candidates (36) will be invited and interviewed by the IT-DED3 Selection Committee. The Selection Committee is built around small teams of the future ESR supervisors and representatives of the industrial partners. Financial support up to a maximum of 300 euros will be provided for the travel costs to this event.
Additional information: Information package for Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellows