What are STSMs?
STSMs are exchange visits aiming at strengthening existing networks by allowing young researchers (PhD, MD or young Post-Doc) to visit a research institution in another country involved in the Action. The topic of the STSM should be within the research scope of the COST-network. Successful applicants will receive a fixed grant of up to €2,000 for subsistence and travel, and the STSM duration can be from one week (5 working days) to a maximum of 3 months. In special cases for STSMs over 3 months, maximum reimbursement of €2,500 will apply. The grant amount will only be transferred AFTER the successful completion of the STSM, and once the grantee has written a short report on the research visit
The applicant should normally be engaged in a program of research (MsC, PhD, MD’s) in an institution of a COST Country that participates in this COST Action. The applicant must be employed by the home institution for the duration of the STSM. It is the responsibility of the home and host supervisor to ensure this. The host institution shall be actively participating in the COST Action. The proposed research topic should be within the interest of the COST-Action.
Topic of the STSM
STSMs projects proposed should fall within the field of research into soft-connective tissue calcification and/or any related inherited or acquired calcifying disease in all field ranging from basic to clinical and societal aspects..
The applicant is responsible for obtaining the agreement of the host institution, BEFORE submitting his/her application.
Step 1: Applicants should use the electronic application form (link to the application platform). After encoding the information and pressing the “submit” button the online registration tool will issue a formal STSM application which has to be downloaded.
Step 2: Send by email the required documentation as listed below to the EuroSoft Calc manager.
Checklist for required documents
- PDF confirmation from online COST registration (as above)
- Proposal description (about 1000 words, containing the research rationale, goal and objectives of the STSM, and new methods/knowledge to be learned and expected results)
- The invitation letter from the host institution
- Letter of support by the home organization
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages)
- List of publications
- Detailed budget breakdown
- Motivation letter (about 500 words)
- Submissions will be reviewed by the Management Committee and based on the projects contribution towards the overall aims of the Action, gender balance and geographical distribution of applicants. The final decision will be approved by the MC Chair.