20 - 23 March 2017, Cape Town
From 20 to 23 March 2017, the IMPALA consortium organizes a training week for its South African university staff members on the internationalisation of higher education.
The following topics in key internationalization areas will be covered:
* How to set up an internationalization strategy for your university
* Setting up a succesfull Summer school
* Internationalizing your curriculum
* How to write and manage a good project
* The efficient management of international mobility
The training programme is designed by European and South African education practitioners, with extensive experience and knowledge in the field of internationalization.
The programme is a unique opportunity to exchange ideas on the internationalization of higher education and to network with South African and European colleagues on various topics.
The training is interactive and requires active participation of the participants.
It is the first phase of three phases:
- phase 1/ A three- day training course (March 2017) on one of the topics in the area of the internationalization of higher education
- phase 2/ trainees will receive assignments to further develop their plan (April - August 2017)
- phase 3/ final workshop (September 2017) to support the implementation of the project & plan
25 - 28 September 2017, Thohoyandou
From Monday September 25th to Thursday 28th 2017 the IMPALA project consortium organizes a final workshop for the SA trainees who participated in the IMPALA Staff Training Week.
During the workshop, trainees are expected to present their project and plan on their topic chosen in the field of the internationalization of higher education.
27 - 28 November 2017, Antwerp
The trainees of the COIL track are invited to attend the COIL workshop which will be organized in Antwerp November 27th - 28th 2017. During this two-day workshop future COIL instructors will meet their European counterparts to further develop their co-teaching initiative.
9th & 10th November 2018
On November 9th, the IMPALA project will organize a Conference on Global Engagement in Higher Education: South African and European Perspectives. This conference day is open to all interested parties and stakeholders of the European Union and South Africa.
On November 10th, the IMPALA project organizes a closed event, only for staff members of the IMPALA partner universities. During this day, all staff members that were involved in the activities and who developed materials will come together to showcase and discuss further in depth their results.
Download the detailed programme