The University of Antwerp is a research university hosting several groups with research agendas in EU studies. The Antwerp Consortium on the Organization of Rulemaking and Multi-level Governance in Europe (ACTORE) is the Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence of the University of Antwerp. ACTORE brings together scholars from 3 research groups: law (G&L), public administration (PA&M) and political science (ACIM), with multidisciplinary expertise in multi-level and multi-actor organization of the EU. More details on ACTORE and the research groups can be found on www.actore.eu.
ACTORE and PhD training
ACTORE facilitates the development of joint research and the common organization of PhD training. We intend to host external PhD students or junior post-doc researchers in one of the participating research groups, enabling exchanges with ACTORE staff and field work in nearby Brussels. ACTORE will also offer office space and full access to campus facilities.
Research visits in 2018-2019
The following researchers have been selected:
- Dimitrios Kafteranis, University of Luxembourg
- Aukje Van Loon, Ruhr University Bochum
- François Randour, Université Catholique de Louvain
- Jose Guevara Maldonado, Universidad de los Andes
- Bruno Queiroz Cunho, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Muiris MacCarthaigh, Queen’s University Belfast
- Antonio Calcara, LUISS ‘Guido Carli’ Univesity Roma