This initiative is aimed at providing information to PhD students about ARIA and the practical aspects of the doctoral track. It is also intended to offer PhD students and their supervisors the opportunity to become more familiar with each other and each other’s research, in addition to listening to the experiences of several doctoral arts graduates who have recently defended their doctoral work within ARIA.
Part I: Only for PhD students
- 14:30–15:00 Introduction by Bart Eeckhout, Chair of ARIA, and Pascal Gielen, Chair of the ARIA Research Board
- 15:00–16:00 Practical aspects of the doctoral track – Astrid Witters, Wolf Van Tulden, Pieter Spooren (Antwerp Doctoral School)
- 16:00–16:30 Break
Part II: For PhD students, supervisors, ARIA members and other interested parties
- 16:30–16:45 Welcoming address by Vice-Rector Ronny Blust, who is also the chair of the University of Antwerp Research Board
- 16:45–17:30 Doctors in the arts tell their stories – Matthias Heyman, Geert Goiris, Wesley Meuris
- 17:30–18:30 Brief round of introductions by the PhD students
- 18:30–19:00 Introduction to the members of the ARIA Research Board
- 19:00–21:00 Walking dinner (suitable for vegetarians)
If you will be able to attend, you are kindly requested to register before 1 September.
Location: Lange Sint-Annastraat 7, 2000 Antwerp