The department of Nursing and Midwifery Sciences aims to become a leading institution with regional, national and international appeal in terms of both research and education in the field. The divsion is responsible for developing five key areas:
- the policy and objectives of the education provided;
- the policy and objectives of the research conducted;
- collaboration and synergy with the Nursing and Midwifery Bachelor programme offered by the Antwerp University Association and its partners;
- provision of services to the community, communication and public relations;
- consultation with professional bodies (national and international advisory councils).
The departmernt strives to achieve a national and international reputation and visibility and has the following specific objectives:
- to present a united approach to all aspects of nursing and midwifery on behalf of the Antwerp University Association and its partners;
- to guarantee the recruitment of new students and position the programme(s) in regional, national and international study programmes;
- to strengthen the scientific position of the lines of research being pursued and to maximise access to potential research projects through partnerships and networks both nationally and internationally.
Professor Peter Van Bogaert – Chair
Professor Tinne Dilles - Vice-Chair