Wednesday March 25, 2020
Take a look at the practical information.
- 13h00: Reception and registration of the participants
- 13h30 : Presentation of the DigiTax research project and research team
- Speakers: Prof. Dr. Bruno Peeters, spokesman of the DigiTax project and prof. Dr. Sylvie De Raedt, research manager
- 14h00: Taxation in a digital economy
- speaker: Prof. Dr. Patrick Cauwenbergh, Law Faculty UAntwerp, Deloitte, Partner – Tax - Transfer Pricing lead
- 14h45: Q&A
- 15h00 : Artificial Intelligence in fraud detection : challenges and opportunities
- Speakers: Prof. dr. Irma Mosquera Valderrama (Law Faculty, University of Leiden) : challenges and instruments for the protection of the use of data and big data in taxation and Prof. dr. David Martens (Faculty of Engineering Management, UAntwerp) and prof. Dr. Toon Calders (Science Faculty, UAntwerp): the need for explainable and fair AI in fraud detection.
- 15h45: Q&A
- 16h00: Coffee break
- 16h15: Digitalisation of the tax function and of tax auditing
- Speakers: Mr. Christoph Zenner (PwC, partner, EMEA indirect tax lead).
- Keynote: Mr. Hans D’Hondt (President of the Belgian Federal Public Finance: trends in digitalisation of tax authorities (including e-auditing)
- 17u30: Networking drink
The registration fee is 100 EUR.
ATA is recognised as a training provider in the SME Portfolio (KMO portefeuille) system. Using this system could enable participants to save up to 30% of the registration fee. SME Portfolio applications must be submitted no later than 14 days after the course start date. The participant undertakes to respect the rules set out by the Agency for Innovation and Entrepreneurship. The accreditation number for CBR Antwerp’s SME portfolio is DV.O100321.
IAB and OVB recognised this congress for permanent education purposes (4 hours - 4 points)
IGO recognised this congress for magistrates, judicial trainees and staff members of the judicial order under the condition that they effectively attend to the congress and sign the attendance list . Replacement by a colleague is possible when the organisation of this congress is informed in advance by email.
IBJ recognition is requested.