This conference is co-organized by the World Bank and the Prosperity Collaborative Network
- 2.30 p.m. | Welcome
Prof. Bruno Peeters (professor in tax law, University of Antwerp)
- 2.35 p.m. | Introduction of the tax administration 3.0 model
Prof. Rex Arendsen (Leiden University) is professor by Special Appointment (Endowed Professor) on Social and Historical Context of Tax Law since June 2015. His position is financed by the Customs Administration of the Netherlands, the Belastingmuseum founding and Leiden University. Rex works for 1 day a week for Leiden University and for 4 days a week for the Dutch tax and customs administration. He is a former representative at the OECD and co-author of the discussion paper on the Tax administration 3.0 model
- 3.00 p.m. | PANEL “The challenges from a legal perspective”
President: Prof. Anne Van de Vijver (professor in tax law, University of Antwerp)
- Digital Divide - Dr. Luisa Scarcella (Global Policy Lead – Taxation and Trade, International Chamber of Commerce)
- Data Protection - Prof. Magnus Kristoffersson (professor in tax law, University of Örebrö)
- The role of third parties in the taxation process - Prof. Elly Van de Velde (professor in tax law, Hasselt University)
- 4.00 p.m. | PANEL “Technological approach”
President: prof. Toon Calders (professor in computer science, University of Antwerp)
- Turning tax law into computer code – dr. Denis Mérigoux (researcher at Centre Inria, Paris)
- Opportunities of the SOLID technology – prof. Ruben Verborgh (professor of semantic web technology, UGent)
- 5.00 p.m. | Lessons to be learned from tax practice
Mr. Maikel Evers (EU Tax Policy HUB leader, EY)
- 5.15 p.m. | PANEL DISCUSSION
President: prof. Sylvie De Raedt (professor in tax law, University of Antwerp)
- World Bank - mr. Anders Agerskov
- Center for Taxpayer Rights - mrs. Nina Olson
- IMF - mr. Christophe Waerzeggers
- 6.00 p.m. | End of conference and open invitation to collaborate
Prof. Sylvie De Raedt
Digital: Teams meeting link will be provided shortly before the start of the conference.
- OVB: 3 points
- ITAA: 3,5 hours
- IBJ: 3 points.
Participation in this conference is free. However, registration is required.
If you wish to obtain an attendance certificate (OVB, ITAA, IBJ or general) after participation, we ask an administrative fee of €100.