The Infla-Med Research Consortium of Excellence conducts fundamental research to pathophysiological processes of inflammatory diseases by using a multidisciplinary approach.
The members of the Infla-Med consortium will exchange (i) their expertise regarding design and synthesis of chemical tool compounds for target identification, characterization and inhibition; (ii) their platforms for in vitro and in vivo testing; (iii) a series of animal models to obtain new insights regarding inflammatory diseases which are of importance for clinical research.
The inflammatory diseases studied within Infla-Med are both infectious and non-infectious pathologies:
- myocard ischemia and – reperfusion
- acute and chronic heart failure
- intima- and media calcifications
- acute and chronic renal failure
- inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) and post-inflammatory irritable bowel syndrome (PI-IBS)
- Helicobacter gastritis
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) infection
- biofilms of both bacteria and yeast cells
- intracellular parasitic infections