On friday 13th of january Op3Mech hosted this year's edition of the annual NX CAE Campus day organised by Siemens BeNeLux.
All academic partners of the BeNeLux who are using Siemens Simcenter 3D and/or NX in their academical curriculum to educate young engineering students where invited.
We exchanged some tips & tricks to provide the engineering students with the state-of-the-art knowledge to make then ready for industry to contribute as simulation engineer.
Agenda Campus Day 2017
There where 3 presentations given by educators:
- Structural analysis and optimization of HDPE bottles based on X-ray data [Bart Buffel - Propolis KU Leuven]
- Re-design of an inox chiller barrel in composites [Geert Bekaert- TC Oostende KU Leuven]
- Prediction and validation of forced vibrations in context of 3D printed composite materials [Jeroen Peeters - Op3Mech UAntwerp]
- Tour new buildings & labo’s UAntwerp applied engineering
Other requested subjects are presented by Siemens:
- Topology optimization
- Acoustics simulation
- Model condensation: superelements & Craig-Bampton reduction methods
- Structural analysis of composite structures, including draping simulation
- What’s New Simcenter 3D 11