Research in the Prof. Maes group is focused on homogeneous transition metal catalysis and heterocyclic chemistry. There are a few major research lines:
- Direct Functionalization via Transition Metal-Catalyzed C-H Bond Activation
- Study of Fundamental Steps of Transition metal-Catalyzed Cross-coupling Reactions
- Transition Metal-catalyzed Reactions involving Isocyanides
- Recovery and Reuse of Noble Transition Metals
- Chemicals from Renewable Feedstock
To read more about specific research lines, use the menu on the left. See also the publication selection for more specific examples.