Linguapolis: the language institute of the University of Antwerp
Linguapolis organises and offers:
1. Academic English and Academic Dutch
2. General language courses
- Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish & Dutch as a Foreign Language: to pay, refundable through educational credit
Altissia: online language courses
This academic year, UAntwerp will be offering Altissia’s online language courses again.
You can study 7 languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Dutch. You can access all languages, and all levels are available – from beginner to advanced!
Each module consists of many different activities, and the modules don’t just focus on academic language, but on the language used in everyday situations. By watching films and animated videos, you can improve your language skills in an interactive way.
Before you start, you can take a placement test.
The Antwerp Doctoral School purchased 100 subscriptions for PhD students from the Universiteit Antwerpen.
- (Re-)enrol as a PhD student for this academic year (2018-2019).
- Do you have a student account AND a personnel account? Then you can register for free via the HR Department.
Do you only have a student account? Then sign up via BlackBoard after the start of the academic year. You pay 10€ which you can reclaim through the educational credit.
- Your registration is only definitive as soon as you have logged in for the first time to the online platform.
You can activate your account as from October 1st.
We will apply the ‘first come, first served’ principle. So be quick to subscribe!
Your subscription is valid until 30 September 2019.