Talent Center: nurturing the pipeline of current and future talent
We pin our hopes for happiness on Love and Work.
And yet, in relation to both, we refuse to
- Plan methodically,
- To understand ourselves thoroughly,
- To train relentlessly and,
- To go into therapy before we act.
(The School of Life)
The University of Antwerp is an engaged employer for all its employees, irrespective of the duration of their contract. Based on an HR policy that is grounded on motivating its employees, the university aims to invest in lifelong employability. This mission forms the basis of the Talent Center (HR Department): we aim to encourage and support early-career researchers in a pro-active management of their (future) career. For this purpose, the Talent Center organizes career counseling, training and networking initiatives that focus on career development and are tailor-made to early-career researchers.
Career Development for young researchers
As a PhD student or postdoc you are very passionate about your job. But, at the same time, your job might cause uncertainty and questions about your (future) career. Are you puzzled by questions such as “what after my PhD or postdoc”?, “what are my career perspectives, in or outside academia?”, “Is my profile a match with jobs outside academia?”, “how can I take more control over my career (choices)”? … In brief, do you want support in managing your career? The Talent Center offers a various range of activities & trainings to help you steer your career.
- Individual career guidance: pilot. Tba (2020).
- Collective workshops for postdocs: “Ontdek de bouwstenen voor je (toekomstige loopbaan)” (in Dutch). This 5 sessions programme career development is tailor-made for postdocs. The aim is
- to increase insight in your values, ambitions, competences & talents
- to explore the labor market
- to explore career perspectives that might be a match.
- to support you in taking concrete steps to steer you career
The training programmes are initially reserved for postdocs. PhD students can register for courses from the Antwerp Doctoral School. Are you a PhD student and do you want to follow a course? Please send us a mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). In case of free spots, you are welcome to join.
For more info on our training programme, see Pintra.
- “Is there a doctor in the room”: post-academic career paths, Talent Forum.
- Career sessions for young researchers: tba (2020).
- Mentoring programme for postdocs (with mentors with post-academic jobs) tba.
- “Lunch & learns for postdocs”: past.