ACED, the Antwerp Centre of Evolutionary Demography, is an international, multidisciplinary research centre of excellence of the Department of Management of the Faculty of Applied Economics at the University of Antwerp (Belgium). The ACED programme deals with the antecedents and consequences of demographic diversity in the realm of teams, organizations, industries, networks and communities. Diversity is studied by a demographically diverse research team currently harboring about 25 scholars of over 10 different nationalities.
We have added a book review section to our website. In this section, visitors can submit book reviews that they deem eligible for inclusion on our website. If you want to add your review to the ACED website, please send an e-mail to Ad van den Oord.
This week's book review is done by Marc van Wegberg and he reviews Butterfly Economics: A New General Theory of Social and Economic Behavior by Paul Omerod (1998).
A selection of new peer reviewed scientific journal publications by our members:
- Buyl Tine, Boone Christophe, Hendriks Walter, and Matthyssens Paul.- Top management team functional diversity and firm performance: The moderating role of CEO characteristics.- In: Journal of Management Studies, forthcoming (2010).
- Chang Sea-Jin, van Witteloostuijn Arjen, Eden Lorraine.- Common-method variance in international business research, letter from the Editors.- In: Journal of International Business Studies, 41(2010), p. 178-184.
- Declerck Carolyn H., Boone Christophe, Kiyonari Toko.- Oxytocin and cooperation under conditions of uncertainty: The modulating role of inventives and social information.- In: Hormones and Behavior, 57(2010),p. 368-374.
- Dikova Desislava, Rao Sahib Padma, van Witteloostuijn Arjen.- Cross-border acquisition abandonment and completion: The effect of institutional differences and organizational learning in the international business service industry, 1981–2001.- In: Journal of International Business Studies, 41(2010), p. 223-245.
- van Witteloostuijn Arjen, De Jong Gjalt.- An ecology of national rule birth: A longitudinal study of Dutch higher educational law, 1960-2004.- In: Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 20(2010), p. 187-213.
- Zhou Chaohong, van Witteloostuijn Arjen.- Institutional constraints and ecological processes: Evolution of foreign-invested enterprises in the Chinese construction industry, 1993-2006.- In: Journal of International Business Studies, 41(2010), p. 539-556.