MICA (led by prof. Sigrid Stroobants) consists of a molecular probe development team, a preclinical imaging laboratory and a clinical department putting this lab at the forefront of bench to bedside research in molecular diagnostics.
MICA housed in a custom-built facility with state-of-the-art equipment:
- on-site cyclotron (Siemens Eclipse HP 11MeV)
- 10 different hot cell units (Veenstra synthesis modules, fastlabs GE),
- fully-equipped QC lab (HPLC, automated gamma-counter, ...)
- GMP-certification in progress.
Pre-clinical imaging lab
- SPF animal facility with capacity of up to 500 rodents
- two preclinical PET/CT cameras (Siemens Inveon)
- simultaneous PET/SPECT/CT small animal scanner (MILabs VECTor/CT)
- automated gamma counter and HPLC for metabolite analysis
- fully-equipped cell culture lab for tracer validations
- μradiotherapy irradiator system (x-RAD)
- pre-clinical TMS set-up
- fluorescence/optical camera (IVIS)
Nuclear Medicine (clinical department)
- integrated dual headed SPECT/CT
- ToF PET/CT camera (Siemens)
More detailed information on MICA's research and capabilities can be found on the website of MICA.