The EMAT (https://www.uantwerpen.be/en/rg/emat/) and Vision Lab (http://visielab.uantwerpen.be) research groups at the University of Antwerp (Belgium) are recruiting a postdoctoral researcher to join a research project on atomic resolution electron tomography. This project is partially connected to an ERC research grant (http://ematweb.uantwerpen.be/colouratoms/index.html) and strategic funding from iMinds/imec.
You will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Develop different algorithms and software packages to align and reconstruction tilt series acquired by HAADF-STEM, STEM-EDX or STEM-EELS;
- Interpret the reconstructions to solve materials science problems in the field of nanophysics;
- Disseminate results at international conferences and in high IF peer reviewed journals;
- Effectively share your knowledge with other (internal and external) team members;
- Supervise student projects.
- PhD in Physics;
- Experience on scientific programming is required;
- Experience on electron tomography and/or computation imaging is preferred;
- Excellent experimental, computational and organizational skills;
- A good command of the English language is required with excellent writing and communication skills;
- A proven track record of achievements (talks, papers, projects,...).
- An exciting project in which we will aim to go beyond the state-of-the-art;
- A stimulating, high tech, and multidisciplinary research environment;
- A laboratory equipped with state of the art instrumentation, including 2 aberration corrected TEM instruments;
- The ability to participate in international workshops and conferences;
- A competitive salary, suiting the complexity of the research.
Enrollment will start as soon as possible. The candidate will be appointed for an initial period of one year and can be prolonged depending on performance.
Information and application:
Additional information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. L. Covaci, Lucian.Covaci@uantwerpen.be, University of Antwerp, Groenenborgerlaan 171, B-2020 Antwerp, Belgium.
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, the names of two professional referees, a summary of their PhD thesis and a cover letter stating their motivation to Dr. L. Covaci by the 15th of August. Please use the reference keyword “EMATPD201703” in your email subject.