Lab for Environmental and Urban Ecology - Roeland SAMSON
- Topic 1: Which (urban) tree species are most efficient in capturing PM?
- Topic 2: How much PM is captured by urban trees?
- Topic 3: The secret life of cuticular wax layers, and their role in PM capturing.
- Topic 4: Characterization of bacterial leaf communities of different tree species in relation to air pollution
- Topic 5: Vegetable gardens near railways, a healthy idea?
Lab for Applied Microbiology and Immunology - Sarah Lebeer
- Topic 1: Characterization of bacterial leaf communities in relation to air pollution
- Topic 2: The atmosphere: a new realm for microbiologists
- Topic 3: Immunological role of microbial endotoxins in relation to indoor air pollutants
- Topic 4: Antipathogenic activity of upper airway probiotics
- Topic 5: Protease activity of lactobacilli in relation to immunomodulation
See the presentation of the proposed thesis subjects by clicking here (pdf_3.7MB).