I am a Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Antwerp in the field of non-thermal plasma medicine. My research aims to understand plasma-cell interactions and develop non-thermal plasma systems for cancer immunotherapy.
Topics of Investigation:
- Characterisation of plasma treatment regimes for biological applications
- Induction of immunogenic cell death (ICD) for cancer immunotherapy
- Modulation of tumor-expressing immunosuppressive signals
- Plasma effects on tumor microenvironment (TME)
- Plasma effects on epithelial–mesenchymal transition (EMT) and metastasis
- Combination cancer therapies with plasma
- Plasma-induced cell death mechanisms
- Lin, Abraham, et al. "Non‐Thermal Plasma as a Unique Delivery System of Short‐Lived Reactive Oxygen and Nitrogen Species for Immunogenic Cell Death in Melanoma Cells." Advanced Science 6.6 (2019): 1802062.
- Biscop, Eline, Abraham Lin et al. "Influence of Cell Type and Culture Medium on Determining Cancer Selectivity of Cold Atmospheric Plasma Treatment." Cancers 11.9 (2019): 1287.
- Lin, Abraham G., et al. "Non-thermal Plasma Induces Immunogenic Cell Death in vivo in Murine CT26 Colorectal Tumors." OncoImmunology 7.9 (2018): e1484978.
- Friedman, Peter C., Vandana Miller, Gregory Fridman, Abraham Lin, and Alexander Fridman. "Successful Treatment of Actinic Keratoses using Nonthermal Atmospheric Pressure Plasma: A case series." Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology 76.2 (2017): 349-350.
Statute & functions
Bijzonder academisch personeel
- FWO postdoc 1st renewal