1. The bachelor can analyse and solve physical problems by applying existing methodologies in the discipline.
2. The bachelor understands the main physical phenomena, their experimental evidence and their theoretical description.
3. The bachelor masters the most used mathematical and numerical techniques.
Deep physical insight
4. The bachelor knows the basic concepts of classical mechanics, kwantum mechanics, the relativity theory, statistical physics, the role of symmetry in physics, etc. and understands the basic principles of current physical thinking.
5. The bachelor knows the main experimental methods and is able to think up a physical experiment, execute it and interpret the results in the context of a theoretical model.
Skills in modelling physical systems
6. The bachelor has the skill to creatively formulate and analyse problems and to translate them in a mathematical form.
The bachelor is able to distinguish main issues from side issues.
Computer skills in solving physical problems
7. The bachelor can apply numerical techniques when this appears to be necessary to solve a problem. The bachelor is able to use auxiliary programmes for algebraic manipulation, numerical evaluation or numerical simulation and can write simple programmes in a generic computer language.
8. The bachelor can distinguish the main fields in physics.
Research skills, fundamental and applied
9. The bachelor has insight in the functioning of scientific research and in the application of physics in other disciplines.
10. The bachelor is able to independently work him/herself up in a new matter, possibly through self-study.
Professional attitude, ethical attitude
11. The bachelor has a critical attitude, also towards his/her own discipline. The bachelor can place his acquired knowledge in a broader scientific and social context.
12. The bachelor is able to read and understand English manuals and scientific articles. Within the research team the bachelor can easily deal with foreign language speakers.
13. The bachelor is able to clearly communicate both orally and in writing.
Some knowledge of other scientific domains
14. The bachelor has an elementary knowledge of the other exact sciences.
Functioning in a team
15. The bachelor can collaborate with fellow students and can function optimally in a team.