To ensure that your university degree choice is a success, we'd like to provide you with an estimate of costs associated with your study and living in Antwerp.
What will a year's study cost you?
- Tuition fees: These are calculated on the basis of the total number of credits you take and whether you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA). Detailed tution fees can be calculated here.
- Books and study material: approximately 500 euro per year.
- Housing: The average price for a student room with shared bathroom and kitchen facilities is 350 euro per month. In most cases, regular costs like internet, water, gas, electricity and heating are not included in this price. The average price for a studio is 450 euro per month. Once again, costs like internet, water, gas, electricity and heating are not included in this amount.
- Food: a meal in one of the student restaurants on campus costs around 5 euro.
Other costs to consider:
- public transport
- bicycle rent
- health, liability and travel insurance
- UA+ pass for 20 euro, gives access to sports facilities and cultural activities at the University of Antwerp
- cultural and leisure activities
NOTE: It may take some time to set up a bank account in Belgium before you can transfer funds from your home account. Make sure that you have access to funds to cover the tuition fee amount for one academic year, rental deposit and first month's rent, as well as living costs for the initial period.