- Do you have a professional bachelor degree (from a university college, graduate school, academy)?
- Do you want to engage in our academic Master’s programme?
The bridging programme allows you to acquire the necessary knowledge and competences which you will need to proceed to the Master of Rehabilitation Sciences and Physiotherapy.
If you pass the bridging programme you will obtain a certificate. With this certificate you will be able to enrol in the Master’s programme.
Direct admission: holders of a professional Bachelor's degree (graduate) in physiotherapy/physical treatment; NL: HBO bachelor of physiotherapy
After permission: holders of other professional Bachelor's degrees in the field of physiotherapy
The bridging programme is taught in English. Candidates must be proficient in this language.
If your degree was not issued by a recognised educational institution in Belgium or the Netherlands, you will have to provide evidence of your level of English.
You can do this in two ways:
- By submitting proof that you have studied at least one academic year (or 60 ECTS credits) in an English-language Bachelor's or Master's programme. The Admission Board may require additional proof of your command of English.
- By submitting your results on a TOEFL or IELTS language test, with the following minimum scores:
- Paper-based TOEFL: minimum 550
- Internet-based TOEFL: minimum 80
- IELTS: minimum overall score of 6.5 and minimim score of 6.0 for each individual component
- Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): minimum B2
Results obtained on other language tests will not be accepted.
It is sometimes possible to receive an exemption from a programme component. This means you don’t have to sit an exam for that particular programme component in order to obtain your degree.
You can request exemptions on the basis of:
- work or other practical experience (EVC). Please follow the EVC-procedure.
- credits, certificates and other study certificates which you obtained on a previous programme (EVK). Please complete the online form and mind the deadlines.
An EVK doesn’t automatically entitle you to an exemption. Based on the certificates you provide, the faculty will compare the EVK with the programme component you are supposed to take. Take into account that credit certificates are only valid for five years.
If you are granted an exemption, you will not receive a credit certificate for that programme component and your diploma supplement will state that you received an exemption for it.