1. The Master can take on a complex technical problem based on advanced international current scientific knowledge and technological know-how in his/her own discipline.
2. The Master can put knowledge and technology creatively into practice and combine these in a concrete problem and in this, acts with an eye for realism an efficiency (engineering attitude).
3. The Master can develop a complex technical design systematically and accurately taking into account incomplete, redundant or conflicting pre-conditions.
4. The Master uses his/her multidisciplinary knowledge and skills for a technical problem in the discipline in complex and in unpredictable circumstances.
5. The Master is able to effectively collect scientific information and to integrate this in his/her own generated research results.
6. The Master can independently and accurately design, plan, execute and report on research and can select the appropriate, complex methods to do so.
7. The Master uses a critical researching attitude to solve complex technical problems, he/she can justify the choices made and evaluate and develop his/her own expertise.
8. The Master can communicate verbally, in writing and graphically about his/her own subject area with other professionals in a multidisciplinary team and with laypersons.
9. The Master has the social and communicative skills to take on a leading and motivating role in a team.
10. The Master has the basic skills to work thematically as team member and as manager.
11. The Master takes the global international context into account in his/her actions, with attention to economics, social context, ecology, ethics, safety and sustainability.
12. The Master can implement and optimize the constructional design of an infrastructural or building project through a combination of a profound knowledge of building materials and a broad scientific background.
13. The Master can independently plan, co-ordinate and control building projects in the whole range of small to co-ordinating building projects. Next to economic considerations he/she also takes into account quality, safety, environment and well-being.
14. The Master can analyze, calculate, optimize and reflect on complex problems in relation to stability in an integrated way.
15. The Master can design and optimize sustainable buildings and infrastructure with multidisciplinary attention to ecological, societal en economic costs and benefits.