1. The master is able to recognize, describe, analyze and solve complex pharmaceutical problems and is able to gather necessary knowledge/information for a problem.
2. The master is able to evaluate medical-pharmaceutical literature and works at an international level.
3. The master is able to think up, carry out and interpret a relevant scientific experiment for a pharmaceutical problem and reports on it orally and in writing.
4. The master knows the structure-activity relation of medicines, including physicochemical aspects and molecular mechanisms.
5. The master has thorough knowledge of the methods of the therapeutic use of drugs and of their administration.
6. The master has the skills for lifelong learning in order to maintain a good professional level.
7. The master knows how to use the methods for perfecting and preparing the administration of drugs and in this he/she respects the quality requirements.
8. The master understands the formulation of drugs.
9. The master applies statutory demands for packing, conserving and delivering drugs.
10. The master contributes to a sound drug and health policy.
11. The master competently advises patients about medical equipment, derma-pharmaceutical products, nutrition, food supplements, phytotherapeutics and veterinary drugs.
12. The master has advanced knowlegde in relation to drug use for patient groups that require special attention such as pregnant women, children and the elderly.
13. The master makes a critical analysis of every prescription, if necessary takes appropriate action, recognizes and takes into consideration various personal factors.
14. The master gives appropriate advice on the use of drugs, both self-medication and prescription drugs. He/She brings about therapy loyalty and stimulates the rational use of drugs.
15. From the supply of self-medication drugs the master chooses the most suitable ones for the patient.
16. The master is skilled in oral communication in the interaction between pharmacist and patient.
17. The master knows the role of the pharmacist in health care.
18. The master is able to collaborate with fellow-pharmacists and other care workers such as doctors, dentists and nursing staff.
19. The master applies regulations in relation to pharmaceutical legislation and to social security.
20. The master manages pharmaceutical ethics.