- There are travel grants from the University of Antwerp available for an internship outside Europe
- If you want to do an internship in a developing country, you can apply for a VLIR-UOS travel grant. The host country should be one of the 33 countries on the list of VLIR-UOS.
- For an internship in Washington, you can apply for a scholarship to The Washington Center.
The application documents for all other scholarships will be sent to you by email as soon as your faculty has allocated a destination to you.
You can only apply for a scholarship if you are registered in Mobility Online. The only exception to this is the VLIR-UOS travel grant, they have a different application prcedure.
- The travel grant only applies to internships offered within the curriculum
- The internship should last at least 2 months.
- An internship week has 5 working days of 8 hours on average.
This travel grant is only available for one category of students:
- students with a gross taxable family income of max. €80.000 qualify for a scholarship of 1000 € (lump sum). The income limit will be increased by 5000€ from the second dependent child onwards.
Students can only apply for an UAntwerpen Travel Grant after selection for a stay abroad and when they have not been selected for any other scholarship programma.
- Both bachelor and master students are eligible for this scholarship.
- The internship should last at least 1 month
- Your destination is on the VLIR-UOS country list.
- You will receive a lump sum grant of € 1,000.
- All relevant information and other conditions can be read in the call launched at the beginning of each academic year.
The Washington Center is an independent, non-profit organisation that offers internships and seminars to students from Flemish universities and university colleges. The Flemish Government offers 12 scholarships of 9.000,- € each to Flemish students who want to do an internship in Washington at an international organisation or company. Special attentions goes out to scholarship students (scholarship of 12.000,- €) The university organises the pre-selection, the final selection will be done at the Flemish level.
The application procedure for this scholarship can be found here.
For all countries outside of Europe (= all non-Erasmus countries).
For exchanges starting from 2 months upto 1 academic year. The stipend is €650/month plus a compensation for the travel costs (calculated based on the distance). Highers stipends are available for students with a disadvantaged background. With a maximum of 3 months of scholarship. The income limit to qualify for the scholarship is: gross taxable family income < € 80.000. The income limit will be increased by 5000€ from the second dependent child onwards.