Intensive, multidisciplinary course (lectures and hands-on sessions) in the field of quantitative MRI (Q-MRI) for improving diagnosis of brain disorders. The Summer School consists of +/- 50 h of training (incl. preparatory readings/assignments).
Stadscampus University of Antwerp, Building K - Kleine Kauwenberg 14 (meeting room K102 - K103), 2000 Antwerpen
26 to 30 August 2019
While the programme is tailored to PhD students, also Master students and postdocs are welcome to participate and to strengthen their knowledge and skill level. A good command of English is required.
B-Q MINDED is an international research project on quantitative magnetic resonance imaging. This project has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020
research and innovation program under the Marie Sklodowska-Curie grant agreement No 764513.
B-Q MINDED has 9 beneficiaries (5 academic and 4 from industry):
- University of Antwerp
- Antwerp University Hospital
- Siemens Healthineers
- Erasmus MC
- the University of Leeds
- MR Solutions
- Forschungszentrum Jülich
More information is available on www.bqminded.eu.
This B-Q MINDED Summer School, powered by the Antwerp Summer University, provides an intensive, multidisciplinary course in the field of quantitative MRI (Q-MRI) for improving diagnosis of brain disorders. This course is part of a collaborative EU-funded project (MSCA ETN) European Training Network consisting of 15 Early Stage Researchers (PhD-positions) that aims to prepare a new generation of scientists who will turn MRI from a qualitative to a quantitative imaging technique.
The Summer School is open to non B-Q MINDED students as well. Special attention is given to the development of transferable skills that are essential for a successful professional career.
- Basic Lab Skills in Computer Science (CUDA).
- Outreach Strategy and drafting personal outreach plan.
- Code of conduct for research integrity: theory and hands-on session.
- Introduction to functional MRI (fMRI) and perfusion-weighted imaging (FWI).
- Course and workshop on existing Q-MRI platforms.
- MRI in recent studies - hands-on session.
- Theory on Artificial Intelligence (AI) and AI in radiology and integration in medical imaging.
List of confirmed speakers:
- Dr. Shabab Bazrafkan - University of Antwerp
- Marianne De Voecht - Policy advisor University of Antwerp
- Dr. Jorrit Glastra - Quantib
- Dr. Bruno Hoste - University of Antwerp
- Dr. Thomas Janssens - Siemens Healthineers
- Dr. Erik Ranschaert - ETZ Hospital Tilburg
- Prof. Dr. Jan Sijbers - University of Antwerp
- Dr. Dirk Smeets - icometrix
- Prof. Dr. Pieter Van Dyck - UZA
- Prof. Dr. Marleen Verhoye - University of Antwerp
- Lecturer - The Netherlands eScience Center
3 ECTS credits will be awarded upon successful completion of the programme.
Credits will be awarded on the base of 100 % active participation in class and final presentations to a professional and academic jury.
- BQ MINDED - Early Stage Researchers: Free of charge
- Master Students, PhD students and postdocs: €400
The fee includes lectures, coffee breaks, sandwiches during lunch (on course days), farewell reception and several social activities.
The fee does not include accommodation, travel arrangements, breakfast/dinner (on course days), breakfast/lunch/dinner (during the weekend).
Scholarships available for University of Antwerp students. See here.
University of Antwerp Master Students are entitled to a refund of €150 after completion of the summer school.
Online through Mobility Online before 31 May 2019