The course content was developed by Linguapolis on the basis of our experience with similar courses, error analyses of student research papers and presentations and course feedback from students who took the course in the past. As a result, the course meets the needs of the target group perfectly.
The 2020 online edition will be taught using the following materials and methods:
- digital coursebook
- info videos made by your teachers
- the teachers’ lesson notes, containing any extra topics or examples discussed in the lessons which are not included in the coursebook
- online self-study exercises
- live sessions in which you interact with your classmates and teachers (via Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, the collaborative online learning platform of the University of Antwerp)
- 30-minute individual feedback sessions with your teachers to discuss your personal areas for improvement.
In order to guarantee the applicability of the course materials, all theory will be taught and practised using relevant examples (academic text extracts). The materials also provide useful reference materials for future use.
During the course, participants will have ample opportunity to practise what they have learnt during the online lessons and between the lessons (self-study assignments). The summer school emphasises individual coaching by giving participants individual feedback on their own papers and presentations, which allows them to work on their own specific problem areas. It also gives participants the opportunity to focus on projects they are working on at the time of the course.