Dates and prices for 2022 will be announced in November 2021!
Application procedure in 5 steps
- Register in Mobility Online
- Fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra questions on your level of English
- Either scan a certificate proving your level of English or do the Linguapolis online test
- Wait for approval of your application
- Pay the participation fee within 10 days
Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form at Mobility Online. After you submit the form, you will receive a notification email acknowledging your application.
In order to qualify for the summer school you need to prove your English proficiency level is B2 or higher (Common European Framework of Reference). You can do that by stating the score you obtained on an official English test (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL) and uploading the certificate to the registration form. If you do not have an official certificate proving your level of English, you will be sent a second email inviting you to do the online English test. This test has to be taken within ten working days.
We will then check the certificate you uploaded or your online test score. If your level of English is sufficient, you will receive an acceptance email with payment information. If you do not meet the English level requirement, you will receive an email stating that you have not been accepted onto the course. Note that your registration is only valid when the participation fee is received by the summer school’s secretariat.
Accepted students will be registered as regular University of Antwerp students and therefore receive a student account and student card which they can use to access the university’s catering facilities and Wi-Fi network. Furthermore, accepted students will be automatically covered the University of Antwerp’s insurance policy.
Date: 23 August–3 September 2021
- €315 for the Academic Speaking option
- €350 for the Academic Writing option
- €595 for the full option: Academic Writing + Academic Speaking (10% discount)
The fee for the digital edition of the summer school includes all online lectures, tutoring and interactive workshops, course materials and online social activities. Technical requirements (stable internet connection, (headset), computer and webcam) have to be provided by the participant.
Requirements: Participants are required to have completed at least two full years of higher education and have experience of writing papers (in their mother tongue and/or in English).
Minimum English proficiency level: B2 (Common European Framework of Reference)
Application deadline: Wednesday 28 July 2021 via Mobility Online.
Payment deadline: Wednesday 28 July 2021
Disclaimer - Cancellation
Cancellation by the organisation
There is a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 20 participants. The organisers reserve the right to cancel the course within two weeks after the application deadline if not enough participants have registered. Registration fees will be reimbursed as quickly as possible.
Cancellation by the participant
If a participant cancels before the application deadline of Monday 12 July 2021, the registration fee will be reimbursed minus 150 euros cancellation costs. No refunds will be made if the participant cancels after Monday 12 July 2021.
All refunds will be made in euros. The organisation cannot refund any differences caused by exchange rate fluctuations or bank fees.
University of Antwerp Students are entitled to a refund of €150/student.
Students who qualify for financial aid may be eligible for a scholarship.
For further information, click here.
Scholarships for University of Antwerp students
Two types of scholarships are available for students who are currently enrolled as regular students of the University of Antwerp.
- Refund of €150/student after attending a summer school organised at Antwerp Summer University. An overview of all eligible summer schools can be found here. Students should prefinance the full registration fee and can claim a reimbursement of the allowance after submitting a certificate of attendance and proof of payment to the Antwerp Summer University Office.The following students qualify for this refund: University of Antwerp students regularly enrolled under a diploma contract in a Bachelor, Master, Preperatory Programme, Bridging Programme or Academic Teaching Programme, in either academic year 2020-2021 or 2021-2022.
- Scholarship for a short international experience for students who qualify for financial aid by the Department of Social, Cultural and Student affairs (SCS).
Please refer to Blackboard ("een internationale ervaring>zomerschool") or contact the Antwerp Summer University Office (see right) for more information on these scholarships.
Reduced fees for refugees residing in Belgium
Attending a summer school is a low-threshold opportunity for refugees to get to know Flemish Higher Education. From summer 2018 onwards, a limited number of reduced registration fees (€100) for refugees is made available by University of Antwerp.
Admission requirements and eligibility
- The admission requirements for refugees with foreign pre-qualifications are the same as those for all summer school participants.
- English is the language of instruction of all programmes within Antwerp Summer University. As active participation is compulsory in all summer schools, English proficiency in reading, speaking and writing is required.
- In order to be eligible for a reduced registration fee, the candidate should belong to one of the following categories: asylum seeker / refugee status / subsidiary protection or a family member being reunited with a refugee.
- Candidates should (have) complete(d) a study orientation plan at Atlas. Candidates who are/have already been enrolled at a Flemish Higher Education Institution are not eligible for this reduced fee. Contact information is available on this webpage.
Applications can be submitted by filling in the online registration form via Mobility Online. Candidates have to fill in personal details, upload some documents and complete extra specific questions per summer school.
Depending on the category, candidates for these reduced fees have to upload (a) different document(s):
- asylum seekers
Scan of Annex 26 (issued by the Immigration Office in Brussels)
- recognised refugees
Scan both sides residence permit
- a person receiving protection on humanitarian grounds (Dutch: subsidiair beschermde)
Scan of the letter issued by the “office of the commissioner general for refugees and stateless persons”
- a family member being reunited with a refugee
Scan of both sides of the residence permit of your family member
Proof of family composition
Contact and more information
For more information on Antwerp Summer University and the application procedure, please contact Mr Wannes Gijsels (email@example.com or +32 32654382).