Intensive 5-day programme focused on health care-context immersion, using practical / digital methods for thinking (research + inspiration) and doing (prototyping + testing).
Campus Mutsaard, University of Antwerp, Belgium
2 - 6 July 2018
Master students; Design and other professionals working in the field of health care; Service Design Network (SDN) Belgium members. Depending on the profile, 3rd year Bachelor students can be accepted as well.
Service Design Network | SDN Belgium, !Drops
We offer a 5-day practical, inspiring and engaging summer school in the context of Product | Service | System design in health care. You will be guided by designers, social innovators, academic researchers and many other experts. You will be thinking and doing on the following subjects:
- Digital storytelling and new media in the medical context
- Human Centered Design and caregiving
- Creative industries and care
- Thematic sessions on psychiatry, neighbourhood care and migration and care
- Personal wellbeing in work and daily life
Product, service and system designers (from local and international agencies), social innovators, academic researchers, and multiple other experts from (non-)profit organizations and governmental institutions will guide you through this summer school within the context of health care.
We offer a very hands-on, inspiring and engaging 5-day programme including the following themes:
DAY 1 – Digital storytelling and new media in the medical context
- International keynote on the use of VR in the medical context
- Panel discussion with experts on the use of VR, and broader, new media in the medical context
- Hands-on workshop on the use of new media and storytelling in care and concrete tools for implementation
DAY 2 & 3 – Human Centered Design and Caregiving
- Fast forward through the Human Centered Design process (inspiration, ideation and implementation)
- Case study background (methods, process and outcome)
- Focusing on specific challenges that caregivers are facing today
- Passing all stages: ideation, conceptualisation, prototyping, usertesting and pitching
- Involvement of experts and experts by experience through the whole process
DAY 4 – Thematic Day
- International Keynote on creative industries and care
- Informal and peer-to-peer learning using the ‘unconference’ format
- Thematic sessions with experts to dive deep into the following topics:
- Neighbourhood care
- Migration and care
DAY 5 – Personal Wellbeing
- Morning yoga session
- Energy Lab: intensive and inspiring workshop on energy work/private life balance at an unknown location (focus on group dynamics & creativity)
- Closing moment
3 ECTS credits can be awarded upon successful completion of the programme.
Students: € 250
Professionals: € 450
The fee includes course material, coffee breaks, one group dinner and social activities. Does not include lunch, accommodation or travel costs.
University of Antwerp Students are entitled to a refund of €150 after completion of the summer school.
Online through Mobility Online before 15 May 2018.