This basic 5-day course teaches participants how to conduct a qualitative research starting from a research question, and how to progress to writing a scientific paper.
Stadscampus, University of Antwerp, Belgium
26 th – 30 the of August 2019
Early career researchers, PhD-students, Master students (max 5), professionals, in a field related to health care. Experience in qualitative research is not required.
This basic 5-day course teaches participants how to conduct a qualitative research starting from a research question, and how to progress to writing a scientific paper. This basic course provides hands-on tools for starting researchers to be able to start up, perform and finish a qualitative study independently and scientifically rigorous.
Experienced qualitative researchers of international repute will lead the course and share their experience in a variety of research projects. Participants are encouraged to bring their own experiences of research, including their questions, doubts and failures.
These are the lectures and workshops in brief:
- Qualitative inquiry: a different paradigm + exercises
- Setting up a qualitative research project + workshop
- Reflections on own research projects in private consultations (optional)
- Data-collection techniques (interviews, focus group discussions and observations) + workshops
- Analysing qualitative data + workshop
- Appraising quality and reporting + workshop
- Qualitative data analysis using NVivo software
This year we invite an international speaker to talk about qualitative methods in implementation science.
3 ECTS credits are awarded upon successful completion of the programme.
Early bird: € 940
Others: € 1000
Master students: € 640 (max 5 students)
The fee includes course material, coffee breaks, warm lunch, social activities, farewell dinner and a one year NVIVO licence. Does not include accommodation.
University of Antwerp Students are entitled to a refund of €150 after completion of the summer school.
Will be available through Mobility Online by February 2019.