Prof. dr Danielle Dierckx is doctor in Political and Social Sciences and Director of the Policy Research Center on Poverty and Social Exclusion (VLAS)(2012-2015). She is research leader at the Research Center on Inequality, Poverty, Social Exclusion and the City (OASeS), lecturer Social Work (course 'Urban Intervention Strategies') in the Faculty of Political and Social Sciences of the University of Antwerp (Belgium).
She has expertise in social policies, urban development, diversity, social innovation, social exclusion/inclusion, poverty, employment and activation. Her large professional network was developed through consultancy and evaluation processes for European FP7-programme projects, foundations, federal and regional governments and civil society organisations. She is member of the management committee of the European COST-Action on Social Services, Welfare state and Places and has expertise in collaborating with partners in several African countries (a.o. South-Africa, Uganda).
- Lecturer in Master Social Work, University of Antwerp - Course: Urban intervention strategies (2008 - ...) and Applied Research in the City (2010-2012)
- Supervisor of several research projects on social policies and social work (e.g. poverty, social exclusion, migrants, Public Centres of Social Welfare, welfare state, civil society organisations, participation, governance)
- Project manager of the 7th Framework Program Project 'FACIT': Faith-based organisations and social exclusion in an urban context (2008-2010) (www.facit.be), partner in 'DIVERCITIES': governing urban diversity, social cohesion, mobility and economic performance in European cities (2013-2017).
- Member of COST Action IS1102 - Social Services, Welfare State, Places (2011-...)
- Member of the Advisory Board of the FP7-project on Health Care systems in Ghana, Senegal, and India (with Institute for Tropical Medicines and London School of Economics)(HEALTH Inc)(2010-2014)
- Editor of the academic book series 'Sociale InZichten' (publisher Acco, Leuven) (2007 - ...)
- Co-editor of the Flemish Yearbook on Poverty and Social Exclusion (since 2003)
- Expert for the 'Vlaanderen-in-Aktie'-seminar on solidarity on poverty and social exclusion (2009)
- Consultant of the Expert Committee on Empowerment of People Experiencing Extreme Poverty, Council of Europe, Strasbourg (2007 - 2008)
- Member of the VLIR-UOS cooperation with South-Africa, Program on Policy management, governance and poverty alleviation (2007 - ...)
- Consultant for the City of Antwerp and Centre for Public Welfare on local social policies (2007-...)
Statuut & functies
Bijzonder academisch personeel