Qualitative research methods in health care
27 - 31 August 2018
University of Antwerp, Stadscampus - Prinstraat 13 - 2000 Antwerp (route: UAntwerpen, Stadscampus
Antwerp Summer University: this basic five-day course teaches participants how to conduct a qualitative research starting from a research question, and how to progress to writing a scientific paper
This basic five-day course teaches participants how to conduct a qualitative research starting from a research question, and how to progress to writing a scientific paper. This basic course provides hands-on tools for starting researchers to be able to start up, perform and finish a qualitative study independently and scientifically rigorous.
Experienced qualitative researchers of international repute will lead the course and share their experience in a variety of research projects. Participants are encouraged to bring their own experiences of research, including their questions, doubts and failures.
These are the lectures and workshops in brief:
- qualitative inquiry: a different paradigm + exercises;
- setting up a qualitative research project + workshop;
- reflections on own research projects in private consultations (optional);
- data-collection techniques (interviews, focus group discussions and observations) + workshops;
- analysing qualitative data + workshop;
- appraising quality and reporting + workshop;
- qualitative data analysis using NVivo software.
This year we invite an international speaker to talk about conversation analysis in qualitative health research.
Contact email: email@example.com