Methods in Artistic Research 2020
5 - 6 February 2020
Royal Academie of Fine Arts - Wintertuin - Mutsaardstraat 31 - 2000 Antwerpen
Royal Conservatoire of Antwerp, Gele Zaal - Desguinlei 25 - 2018 Antwerpen
Organization / co-organization:
Dr. Adilia Yip, Vivi Touloumidi and Umut Eldem
Seminar for artistic researchers to discuss their methods
About the seminar
This second "Methods in Artistic Research" seminar will focus on the communication and relation of artistic research to society.
As a continuation to the last year’s edition, the second “Methods in Artistic Research” seminar will focus on the communication and relation of artistic research to society. The goal of the Method/Art seminar is to explore the common methodologies among researchers of different artistic disciplines, and offer a unique platform for sharing and learning ways of doing artistic research.
The floor is open for paper presentations and lecture-performances that cover the following topics, as well as their expansions and arguments:
- the interdisciplinary methodologies of communicating and disseminating artistic research, and also, highlighting the different approaches in different artistic disciplines;
- the pragmatic toolkits for disseminating artistic output for serving different purposes, such as, a large-scale social participation, targeted group interaction, one-to-one conversation etc.;
- the “what”, “how”, and “why” of relating artistic research to the society and whether such social relation is essential;
- how to engage the audience in an artistic research project, and how to locate the suitable community for a project;
- the role, contribution, and value of artistic research in the society.
Please use the form on the web page
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org