- Presentation of online ‘linguistic search tools’;
- Grammar: tense system, modality, relevant topics related to the noun phrase;
- Vocabulary: selection of pertinent words within the domain of political sciences / communication sciences (self-study);
- Text analysis: critical reading of course-specific texts, with a focus on word choice and rhetoric;
- Writing: macro and micro level of a coherent English text; cover letter; summary;
- Presentation techniques: groups of students present a socially relevant topic (+ debate);
New media appear throughout the course, as used by the tutor in support of the study material (PowerPoint, internet, television and radio footage,…) and in the class content (subject of texts and presentations by students).