Legal framework: Dr. Kristel The Fish
The student acquires knowledge and insight into the functioning of:
- the (national and international) heritage institutions including relevant legislation, charters and decrees.
- the professional statutes regarding the position and associated actions of the conservator-restaurator.
- the practice of the conservator- restaurator cadres within the broader heritage and art field
Heritage Management Carolien van der Star, Marieke Verboven
The student is familiar with the basic principles of the administration regarding heritage collections:
- the various inventory and registration systems (historical and contemporary), and the used registration form within the Training Conservation Restoration.
- utilities / customs formalities / transport documents / insurance, ....
- techniques and related materials for setting inventory numbers on objects.
- iconographic descriptions
Museology, Caroline van der Star, Marieke Verboven
The student (s) is introduced into the museology; including the material and technical ingredients for making an exhibition.
This introduction will be continued in the practical lessons through visits to museums.