The course consists of three partims:
- Water treatment technologies
- Parameters relevant for water treatment
- Introduction to the engineered water cycle
- Physical and chemical processes for water (and sludge) treatment
- Biotechnological processes for water (and sludge) treatment
- Water (and sludge) treatment pipelines
- Management of waste and materials
The course provides a survey of and explanation of installations and techniques for the prevention, recycling and treatment of wastes from houdeholds.
- Air purification technology
After a general introduction defining and analyzing the “air pollution system, its subsystems, components and mutual relations”, the course successively tackles the following subsystems:
emissions in Flanders, transport-transformation-dispersion of pollutants in the troposphere, how to measure air pollution levels?, past and present day air pollution in Flanders, modeling air pollution, air quality guidelines and standards, air pollution emission abatement technologies, and the Flemish air pollution regulations within a European context.