We discuss the most important molecular and cellular biology mechanisms in 8 chapters:
1. Introduction: Analysis of gene products in eukaryotic cell systems
2. Post-transcriptional control of gene expression and nuclear transport
3. Cell cycle and its control mechanisms in the eukaryotic cell
4. Molecular mechanisms of vesicular transport, secretion and endocytosis
5. Principles of signal transduction
6. Molecular mechanisms for cellular differentiation and development
7. Cell death mechanisms and regulation of cell death
8. Molecular cell biology of tumors.
Beside these theoretical and schematic aspects, we will also present our own research experience by providing laboratory examples.