M.b.t. the part 'heart':
A number of topics are chosen as the basis for the module, around which the timetable is built. These topics form the basis for the learning objectives, with topics 1 through 9 coming from the sheets of the Objectives for the Qualifying Examination.
Topic 10 links the symptoms to the more clinically oriented education that will be discussed later (in the master years); Topic 11 is the basis of the self-study assignments, which refer to pharmacology, but then applied to this module.
1. heart tones and murmurs (mainly normal heart function)
4. dyspnoea, edema (including heart failure)
7. sudden death
8. pulse abnormalities / (reduced / absent / murmurs)
9. concepts of physiology and pathology of cardiovascular and haematological disorders
10. self-study assignments: pharmacological aspects
In the Masters, we will continue to build on these topics, but then focus on diagnosis and treatment.