1. Alternating current: an overview has been started of various alternating signals with corresponding characteristic quantities, such as period, frequency, amplitude, phase, effective value, mean value. Next, the sinusoidal alternating current through single networks is discussed with an emphasis on the vectorial representation. The concepts of impedance and admittance are entered. AC networks are solved using simplification method, star-triangle transformation, Kirchhoff laws, and Thévenin.
2. Power in alternating current networks: the instantaneous and average power, power factor, power in simple network elements, active, reactive and apparent power, and improvement of the power factor.
3. Three-phase alternating current: alternating current systems are discussed with attention to the phase sequence. Subsequently, three-phase alternators are coupled with three-phase loads. In a next step, the assets are viewed in threatening networks.
4. Transformers: The operation of an ideal single-phase transformer is explained with the homologous terminals. Three-phase transformers are discussed, continued by the parallel operation of transformers.
5. Induction motors: the explanation of the mechanical construction of an induction machine is discussed, followed by the analytical study of the electromagnetic rotating field. Then the principal operation of an induction machine aslo with multiple poles follows. The torque slip characteristic is given and the different starting methods of induction motors are discussed.