The theoretical lectures focuses on the principal physiopathological concepts:
- cardiovascular disease
- nephrology and laboratory diagnostics
- metabolic bone disease and laboratory diagnostics
- gastroenterology and laboratory diagnostics
- endocrinology and laboratory diagnostics
- gonads, pregnancy and neonatal screening
- blood cell disease and coagulation diseases
- multi-organ pathophysiology
In the practical seminars, the physiopathology of a number of diseases is illustrated through contacts with real patients.
The students are also expected to study a number of patient files, to discuss them in small groups and present them to their fellow students. These files are complementary to the theoretical course. Use is made of cases published in the New England Journal of Medicine. The practical sessions also count as an exercise for the Academic Skills Portfolio.