At the start of this course the student should have acquired the following competences:
- competences corresponding the final attainment level of secondary school
an active knowledge of
a passive knowledge of
- general knowledge of the use of a PC and the Internet
general notion of the basic concepts of
- word processing program, spreadsheet program
- cad and caad-programs :
architecture design program in 2D and 3D
graphic lay-out program
specific prerequisites for this course
- the student is able, within a specific approach of the architectural field (the fysical context of the site, the mental context of the assignment or the concrete question of constructing), to formulate, for a rather simple functional program, an architectural answer in the form of a thematised design.
- the student is able to deal with the taught theoritical, social, cultural and scientific basic principles of the architectural field and is able to apply these in his/her design project.
- the student is able to refer to examples, works of model architects, literature etc to explain more clearly his/her own project
- the student is able to write a clear text about a rather simple architectural theme and is able to analyse and describe, in a clear way, a project, building, architectural oeuvre etc.